What is it that makes you open an email? The Subject Line, right? It’s the same way with your clients and prospects. If you want to improve your Open Rate, then here are some of my favorites that go beyond the ubiquitous “How To” headline.
Each of these identifies a problem and entices the reader into opening the email to look for the solution. So the next time you plan on sending out an email blast, try one of these.
The curiosity headline: This type of headlines challenges readers to open the email to see what they’re missing.
What Everyone Ought To know About _________
- What Everyone Ought To know About As Soon As Possible
- What Everyone Ought To Know About Marketing a Small Service Business
- What Everyone Ought To Know About Car Insurance
The “Have your cake and eat it, too” headline: Who wouldn’t want some of that?
Now You Can (have what you want) and (when/how you want it)
- Now You Can Work Less and Make More Money
- Now Your Can Sell Your House For More Money In Less Time
- Now You Can Get Organized and Have More Time For Yourself
The “Who Else Wants ________” headline: This strategy tells the readers what they want so they’ll click open your email to find how to get it.
- Who Else Wants To Look 10 Years Younger?
- Who Else Wants To Be 20 Pounds Thinner?
- Who Else Wants A Fun, Better Paying Job?
The Insiders Secret Headline: When you share your “secrets” and translate it into a benefit for the reader. It works.
- The Secret of Working Less and Making More
- The Secrets of Choosing Color For Your Home That Make Your Look Like Your Hired a High-Priced Designer
- The Secrets of Organizing Your Pantry To Create 14 Great Family Meals Under $3 A Serving
The “Reader Wants A Remedy” headline: This headline addresses a painful problem and the desire to find a solution.
- Get Rid of That Unnecessary Clutter in Your Kitchen Cabinet Once and For All
- Get Rid of Itchy, Scratchy Skin Forever.
- Get Rid of That Mullet Hairstyle So No One Can See It Ever Again
Your clients await,